The purpose of the Role Transition Paper is
not to write a biography of this nurse leader; rather, discuss the nurse leader’s life and work by addressing all six components below. Support your work with a minimum of 5 scholarly references.
- Identify the leadership characteristics of the selected individual and why you believe these are essential leadership characteristics;
- Discuss the unique contribution(s) this leader made to the nursing profession and/or nursing practice;
- Identify advocacy characteristics this leader employs to meet health care needs of individuals, families, and/or aggregates.
- Discuss specific barriers, obstacles, or circumstances that precipitated or influenced the leaderâ€™s decision to address the situation that led to the change;
- Discuss the impact this leaderâ€™s contribution will have on future generations of nurses;
- Discuss how this leaderâ€™s contribution, including how he or she propelled the change, impacts you from a personal and professional perspective: knowledge, values, and beliefs.