Business Development Team Presentation (Starbucks)
Company must use is Starbucks
Create a 18- to 22-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation to be given to the selected organization’s board of directors (Starbucks). As part of the new business development team, you have been exploring new transportation options for the organization’s supply chain. Address the following:
- Describe your company’s current transportation mode, including its advantages and disadvantages. What other modes of transportation must the company consider using to decrease transportation costs? Describe other modes of transportation and make a recommendation on which ones the company should explore further.
- Should the company consider alternatives to a third-party shipper for international orders from their plant in China?
- What role will government play in this new mode of transportation?
- How will pricing be determined for this new mode of transportation?
- What other strategies may Riordan implement to reduce transportation costs? Which strategy will enable Riordan to be successful in a competitive environment? Why?
- How is technology used in implementing and executing the new mode of transportation? What effect will it have on the organization’s profitability, planning, and operations?
Format the presentation consistent with APA guidelines.