Write a 700- to 900-word summary of the team’s discussion about IFRS versus GAAP, based on your team collaborative discussions. The summary should be structured in a subject-by-subject format. An introduction and a conclusion are needed. Your essay should include the answers to the following:
- IFRS 8-1: What are some steps taken by both the FASB and IASB to move to fair value measurement for financial instruments? In what ways have some of the approaches differed?
- IFRS 9-1: What is component depreciation, and when must it be used?
- IFRS 9-2: What is revaluation of plant assets? When should revaluation be applied?
- IFRS 9-3: Some product development expenditures are recorded as development expenses and others as development costs. Explain the difference between these accounts and how a company decides which classification is appropriate.
- IFRS 10-2: Explain how IFRS defines a contingent liability and provide an example.
- IFRS10-3: Briefly describe some similarities and differences between GAAP and IFRS with respect to the accounting for liabilities.
Format your essay consistent with APA guidelines.
Use the Financial Accounting text : Kimmel, P.D., Weygandt, J.J., & Kieso, D.E. (2013). Financial accounting: Tools for business decision making (7th ed). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
and at least two additional scholarly-reviewed references.