In order to demonstrate an awareness of psychological career alternatives in a community setting, you will develop résumés for each of the professional experts chosen for your presentation in the Week Three discussion. Include relevant academic and professional experience that highlights their careers, appropriate skills, and expertise. Brief job descriptions identifying the major duties associated with each relevant work experience should also be included in the résumé. The job description format should be based on the Professional Experience section in the “Sample Resume for a Counseling Psychologist.” Each résumé should be two to three pages in length. You may use the resources available on the following web pages:
- Ashford University Career Services (http://www.apa.org/careers/psyccareers)
- American Psychological Association PsyCareers (http://www.apa.org/careers/psyccareers)
- Sample resume for a counselling psychologist
You may use additional sources for career information as long as they are credible. An example of a credible source for this information would include The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Writing Professional Résumés
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title page), and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Résumés should be formatted according to the guidelines in the Ashford University Resume Builder tool.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted