For your Final Paper, you are to write about the Six Sigma process improvement model used by most Six Sigma organizations: DMAIC â€“ for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control. Specifically, your paper should answer the following questions and include the completed tasks:
- Describe the Six Sigma process.
- Explain each of the five steps of a Six Sigma project.
- Identify an organization that has successfully utilized the Six Sigma process and explain the purpose of the project, the outcome of the project, and the major accomplishments or milestones associated with each of the five steps.
- Describe a past or present project that implemented the Six Sigma process.
- Discuss at least two new techniques, tools, or methods you learned in doing this research that you think could have been applied to a past or present project.
Your paper will need to include a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations properly formatted according to the APA style guide. Also, your content should be eight to ten pages, which does not include your reference or title page. You will need to include at least five scholarly sources from the Ashford Library in your paper as part of your research to support your analysis.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages (not including the title and reference pages) in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.