Discuss two of the following statements.
- Discuss the differences between integrative and distributive bargaining and the conditions in which either or both are used in the negotiation process.
- Describe Thompsonâ€™s Pyramid Model and its relationship to parties in bargaining situations, and why it is useful to the integrative bargaining process.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the Categorization and Interest-Based Bargaining (IBB) Methods and which method you would be more likely to use in a negotiating situation and why.
- Discuss the purpose that Full, Open-Throttle Negotiations (FOTN) serves in bargaining; why recognition of establishing value for the long-term relationship is a positive approach to beginning the negotiations process; and asking circular questions and packaging issues are helpful in the negotiations.
- Explain why Mary Parker Folletâ€™s example of two sisters cutting an orange in half is a classic model of poor integrative negotiations.
Guided Response: Respond to at least two of your classmatesâ€™ postings. Try to respond to students who pick different statements.
Carefully review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate this Discussion Thread.