Individual Assessment 3000 words
This assignment is about planning a relevant and useful marketing research project. You are not expected to carry out the research.
- Select a major Australian organisation (eg. Fosters, Telstra, BHP Billiton, Orica, NAB, Crown, Qantas, AWB, Australian Dairy Corporation, Woolworths, David Jones, Toll).
- Identify a business decision relating to marketing (Product, Price, Place, Promotion, Segmentation).
- Formulate a research question that will provide information to assist managers in making this decision.
- Design a research project to answer the research question.
- Explain why this research approach will deliver a reliable and valid result.
- Discuss how the research answer will influence the business decision.
- Discuss how the business decision will affect the success of the business.
- You are expected to consult at least three journal articles to provide deeper insight into the ideas explored in your project.
- Use of Harvard referencing to identify the source of all ideas.
- Clarity of description of the business decision.
- Clarity and relevance of the research question.
- Reliability and validity of the research project design
- Discussion of possible sources of error and what can be done to reduce them
- Clarity of explanation of how the research answer will influence the business decision.
- Clarity of explanation of how the business decision will affect the success of the business.
- Use of ideas from Journal articles
Use of Harvard referencing to identify the source of all ideas