Peregrine Trucking Co.
Focus of the Final Paper
You work as a transportation analyst for Peregrine Trucking Co. The company’s president has asked you to evaluate the potential of reducing fuel cost by using trucking equipment that is more efficient and socially conscious by proposing at least five processes or rules. Be sure to include equipment (tires, efficient engines, etc.), new rigs (tractor/trailer), and fleet operating rules as part of the five. You must also calculate the fuel saving possibilities of each process or rule proposed in reducing fuel costs and assess where savings gained can be used to benefit the company, improve service, and add value. In addition, you must describe how management can track and monitor fuel consumption and delivery patterns. Lastly, you must recommend a focus of the fuel cost savings plan that utilizes all resources available to the company. This report must be delivered on time to the company president (your course instructor).
As an analyst, you should evaluate all resources available. Consider using the Smart Way webpage (see recommended websites), Instructor Guidance, the course textbook, library resources and additional sources to support your contentions.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the text.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.