Requirements: THE TOPIC IS HOLISTIC CARE IN NURSING. PATIENTS RECEIVE HOLISTIC CARE VS THE TRADITIONAL MEDICAL MODEL OF NURSING TO RECEIVE THE BEST STANDARD OF CARE AND IMPROVE PATIENT SATISFACTION IN THEIR CARE.
- Review the elements included in PICOT questions to guide evidence-based nursing practice.
- Respond to the questions below using the PICOT Question Worksheet Template.
- Using a minimum of 3 scholarly nursing sources, current within 5 years:
- Identify and describe one practice-related issue or concern. You may choose to build on the practice issue you identified in NR500NP/NR501NP.
- Explain why the issue/concern is important to nurse practitioner practice and its impact on health outcomes.
- Describe each element of your PICOT question in one or two sentences, being sure to address all of the following:
- P-Population and problem– What is the nursing practice concern or problem and whom does it affect?
- I–Intervention– What evidence-based solution for the problem would you like to apply?
- C–Comparison– What is another solution for the problem? Note that this is typically the current practice, no intervention at all, or alternative solutions.
- O–Outcome– Very specifically, how will you know that the intervention worked? Think about how you will measure the outcome.
- T–Time frame– What is the Timeframe involved for the EBP initiative or the target date of completion?
- Construct your PICOT question in the standard PICOT question format (narrative) and define each letter separately, such as:
- P =
- I =
- C =
- O =
- T =
- PICOT question written in full =
- Abide by the Chamberlain College of Nursing Academic Integrity Policy.
- At the graduate level, we like to see you synthesizing your ideas into your own words. No direct quotes may be used in this worksheet.
- Use APA formatting guidelines for references and citations.
- Submit your worksheet using the PICOT Worksheet Template as a Word document to the Week 2 Dropbox
|Practice-related Issue||20||20%||This section of the worksheet includes:
|Significance of the Issue||20||20%||This section of the worksheet includes:
|Discussion of PICOT Elements||20||20%||This section of the worksheet includes:
|PICOT Question||20||20%||This section of the worksheet includes:
|80||80%||Total CONTENT Points= [100 pts]|
|Graduate-Writing Style||10||10%||For full credit in this section, the following criteria must be met:
|20||20%||Total FORMAT Points= [20pts]|
|ASSIGNMENT TOTAL=100 points|