Step 1: Choose 2â€“3 tasks from the following list:
- Give a grammar refresher including use of tense, pronoun shifts, run on sentences, capitalization, and commonly confused words.
- Describe effective writing techniques, including addressing the appropriate audience and the writing process.
- Discuss commonly used terminology in the use of computers in the office and why it is important to know the parts and proper terminology.
- Discuss e-mail etiquette.
- Discuss appointment scheduling highlights.
- Explain why insurance verification is accomplished, and when.
- Explain what accounts payable are and give samples of items listed in an accounts payable record for the organization.
- Explain what accounts receivable are and give samples of incoming funding that might be listed in the accounts receivable records for the organization.
- Discuss medical terminology. What are prefixes, suffixes, and root words, and how are they used?
- List a set of brief descriptions of the body systems.
- Discuss abbreviations commonly used in the medical office.
- Discuss the importance of keeping all supplies stocked. This can include pencils and gloves and toner for the copier.
Step2: After choosing your topics, create a PowerPoint slide for each topic you chose that includes the following:
- PowerPoint slides should have no more than 4â€“6 bulleted points on each slide.
- Each slide should have speaker notes that describe in detail what the speaker would explain regarding each slide.
- Remember that the audience is composed of the staff at all levels of each of the locations.
- This should be a brief and engaging overview of each topic area.