1. The Job Redesign and Workplace Rewards Assessment asks you to assess the current state of your workplace environment in regard to how it motivates (or fails to motivate) employees to affect increased job satisfaction and workplace productivity.
A. Prepare a 1200 to 2000 word assessment focusing on a selected job or department in your company in regard to the system of goal-setting, performance evaluation, and workplace rewards which impact productivity both positively and negativelyand job satisfaction (as related to the selected job or department). Be sure to address the following:
1. Identify the current major components, tasks, or responsibilities of the selected position. Does the job currently allow any self-management or sense of choice? Does the position cultivate a sense of intrinsic motivation?
2. Briefly discuss what company-wide rewards (e.g., bonus plans and/or profit-sharing) and one-to-one rewards (e.g., praise and/or recognition) currently exist. Examine and evaluate if these rewards are effective (or are not effective) in motivating behavior for this position.
3. Identify how goals are used at your company with regardto the selected position. Be sure to consider what kinds of goals are set, how the goals are set, and if the goal system is effective for this position.
4. Based on the evaluation conducted address the various ways a selected position or job could be redesignedto increase job satisfaction and productivity. The proposed modification can be made to the selected position or department itself or to the companyâ€™s broader system of goal-setting, performance evaluation, and workplace rewards. Be sure to address the following:
5. Explore the various job redesign approaches to revise the selected position.
6. Describe the major components, tasks, or responsibilities of the selected position after it has been redesigned.
7. What recommendations would you make to improve your company’s reward system with regard to this position?
8. What recommendations would you make to improve the goal system to increase productivity and job satisfaction for this redesigned position?
9. Recommend an implementation plan for bringing the redesigned position into the organization. Consider factors that might impact the intrinsic or extrinsic motivation of an employee.